Friday, March 27, 2020

CORONA-CATION DAY 12: “…go and hide yo crazy and start actin’ like a lady.”


I am a little concerned at how I am going to emerge after this Corona-quarantine.   At some point I am going to need a hair cut.

I love that song “This Ain’t My Mama’s Broken Heart” by Miranda Lambert.  https://youtu.be/7yg05svXp98

It was written by an LGBTQ songwriter, and those of us “in the know” could recognize it immediately with the opening line “I cut my bangs with some rusty kitchen scissors.  I screamed his name till the neighbors called the cops.  Wow, that screams queen. It is spectacular!  I encourage all of us in house-arrest to watch the video.  It is where I finally appreciated Lambert.

A woman asked me one time, “Well, how would you know you were going crazy if there wasn’t anyone there to tell you?!?”. She said this in an alarmed voice, and I was thinking that it might be comforting to just be living in your own world every now and then.  “…go and hide yo crazy and start actin like a lady..”


My Granny had a ‘tich’ of dementia (that is what we call it in the South) and she would tell me about the woman and little girl all dressed up in their Sunday dresses that would come on Sunday afternoons and sit underneath the flowering plum, but when she would go down the hill to take them cookies they always seemed to have left already.  My Granny was always smiling when she told me this story.  I often said that we were way more upset with my Granny’s ‘tich’ of dementia than she seemed to be.  She was her happy self.  

When it is all over and we "re-emerge will I look like Robin Williams in Jumunji?




Or will I embrace the new me.  Lots of people have this "yoga", "self examination" vibe going on.

Maybe I will more closely resemble the Siberian hermit woman named Agafia Lykov, who lived alone in the wilderness since the 1940s, and said (in Russian) that “the solitude is just fine”.  She lived in the wilderness after her parents moved there in 1944 to isolate themselves. 


Lykov's mother starved herself to death to provide more food for the children. …… I need to make a trip to “the grocery”. “I numbed the pain at the expense of my liverDon't know what I did next all I know, I couldn't stop”.

Mountain Pig out.

No comments:

Post a Comment