Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A DEATH IN CORTEZ - NOT A DEATH IN TUBA CITY



We made our way across Arizona, through Monument Valley, up into southern Utah, then over to southwestern Colorado where our Soccer Mom van promptly died. Really, completely died in Cortez. Apparently the van decided that 48 hours of continual abuse was enough and it preferred death over the prospect of being abused for 7 more days. I can relate. If dying were an option, I might go there. But with RAAM dying is not an option.

Take for example our fellow cyclist with another team who apparently was hit by a semi in Tuba City, Arizona, suffered broken bones but, thank god, is alive.  Cycling is dangerous no matter how you cut it.  I am always amazing about people who "got hit by a semi".  I mean give me a break!  Cyclists must be like Superman.  A semi whacks a person on 20 pounds of bike and the person comes away with few broken bones.  I think that is amazing.  You should have seen the semi!


No comments:

Post a Comment